Access to the Site, Application and Services is void and unauthorized where prohibited by applicable law or regulation.
- Description. The Application and the associated Services, as described below, enable you, the user (“User”) to engage in a variety of skills-based competitions (“Contests”) centered on your skill as a photographer or videographer (together “Skills”), as shall be described in any rules published prior to the start of such Contests. These contests are sponsored by SWP.
- “Services” refer to all activities and capabilities offered by or through the Site, Application and Services.
- Users may, where and if available, submit text, information, links, emails, videos, images, text, comments or other content to the Site, Application or Services (together, “Submission(s)”).
- What information do the Site collect?
Visitor Activity. Visitors to the Site and the Application may choose to browse, search and examine any publically available information on the Site or Application. When you visit our Site or Application, we collect only information you provide or submit directly, information you send to us by email, information and messages you send or post through our accounts on third party social networks (such as facebook, YouTube or Twitter), comments you post or messages you send through any Service we may provide. The foregoing statement not withstanding, our servers may recognize and collect visitors’ domain names, IP addresses and any information on pages visited.
- Personally Identifiable Information
We collect Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) when you use our Application and our Services.
We may ask for and collect some PII when you register an Account. You may register an Account by providing the requested information through the Application. When registering an Account with the Application and our Services, you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself (“Registration Data”) as prompted by our registration form. Registration Data may include, but is not limited to, first and last name, location and e-mail address. After you setup an Account, we also collect a variety of information and PII depending on the Services and features you use.
Any Submissions that you voluntarily make through the Application and Services is collected by us. This may include any information you submit as part of your Account profile as well as Submissions you make when engaging in competitions using the Application. If you enter any competition through the Application, we may ask for PII so that we may contact you in the event that you win the competition.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”) from visitors to the Site and non-registered user of the Application. Non-PII is information that cannot by itself be used to identify a particular person or entity, and may include your IP host address, pages viewed, browser type, non-identifying Internet browsing and usage habits, Internet Service Provider, domain name, the time/date of your visit to this Website, the referring URL, your computer’s or mobile phone operating system, and information about your mobile device. This information may be used to serve targeted advertising to you.
- Email Lists, Surveys & Newsletters. We may now or in the future send or run surveys or provide newsletters to our Users. At such time, we may request certain PII such as name, email address and demographic information (such as zip code, age, or income level). In some of our emails we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site. When Users click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We may track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications.
- How do we use the information you provide us? SWP uses information for the following general purposes:
- We may use your PII to conduct competitions, run promotions and to enable prize fulfillment.
- We may use any of the information under our control in order to improve, or to better understand how our services are used.
- We may use your PII to contact you in order to answer a question or address a concern that you’ve raised, or to provide customer service on your Account.
- We may use your PII to conduct research by sending you a survey.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your Account, such as service announcements and administrative messages.
- We may use your PII to send you marketing and promotional emails.
- We may use or license Submissions you submit as part of Contests to other third parties.
- We may share information collected including your PII with our agents, representatives, contractors, service providers so they can provide us with support services such as e-mail origination, support services and customer relationship management services.
- Unless you opt-out, we may use your e-mail or other PII to send commercial or marketing messages without your further consent. Be advised that we use your e-mail address and other contact information provided by you to contact you regarding your Submissions. We may also use your e-mail address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Site or Service changes or customer service purposes).
- You may opt-out of receiving commercial emails from us at any time by using the unsubscribe links provided in our emails.
- We use both your PII and certain non-PII (such as anonymous user data, IP addresses, browser type, click stream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Site, Application and Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality and services by storing, tracking, analyzing and processing User preferences and trends, as well as User activity and communications.
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may also choose to link to and connect with various third-party websites. We also may participate in co-branding and other relationships to offer other services and features to our Users. We have no control over these linked websites and third parties, each of which has separate privacy and data collection practices independent of us. We encourage you to read the policies of these third-party websites. By engaging with third party websites, services and tools through our Site, Application and Services, you consent to our providing your PII to those third parties. Data collected by the third-party websites (even if offered on or through our Site or Application) may not be received by us. As such, we have no responsibility or liability for the independent policies or actions of third parties, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such website or services. These linked websites, services and tools are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Services and therefore request any feedback. Further, any linking with any other website is neither an endorsement of that website nor any of the products or services that may be offered by them.
Note: Your PII may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets of SWP or a bankruptcy. We may also disclose PII or financial information when we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law, to cooperate with law enforcement or to protect the interests or safety of SWP or other Users of the Site, Application or Services. Whenever PII is disclosed under this paragraph, we may also disclose your demographic information on a non-anonymous basis.
- How does SWP Protect Users Personal Information? We implement a variety of security measures to ensure the security of your PII on our systems. All purchases are completed using either Apple’s or Google’s application store. Please be aware that emails or other messages you send to us are not necessarily secure against interception and you should not include sensitive information in those messages. We generally will not ask for your password or other sensitive information in an email and you should assume that if you get such a request, it might be fraudulent.
- Except as provided above, the Site is not encrypted.
- Access to your Account profile is restricted by your password.
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third parties may unlawfully attempt to intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications would always remain private.
- Individuals under 13 years of age. Pursuant to the provisions of the 1998 Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), our policy is to refuse individuals under 13 years of age access to the Site, Application and Services. We therefore do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 13 years of age.
- How do you change PII provided or OPT-OUT? SWP may provide its registered Users with an option for modifying or removing some of the information that it has about them from its database. This limited option may be accomplished by altering information Submitted to your profile or Account. Please note that we require some PII in order to provide you with access to competitions. If you wish to delete certain PII required for Account maintenance such as your name or e-mail address, you may be required to terminate your Account. However, please note, that while such a tool may be provided now or in the future, you acknowledge that we may retain archived or cached copies of your PII. The above not withstanding, please note that not all PII monitored, stored, tracked or submitted to us shall be controllable by Users and may not be removed from the Application or our Services.
- How Long Do We Keep your Information? Except as otherwise provided, User’s PII is maintained by us for as long as it is needed to provide you with access to our Services or at least thirty (30) days after you terminate your Account, which ever is longer.
- Do-Not-Track. The Site does not currently respond to browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows users who are California residents to request certain information about the disclosure of their information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact as provided below.